Thursday, December 30, 2010

All Time Low/Senses Fail/Boys Like Girls Feud

   I'm a little confused and a tad bit shocked right now. Yesterday, one of my friends posted a rant on facebook dissing All Time Low and how the lead singer, Alex Gaskarth, supposedly said something like "we can't be compared to Senses Fail because they haven't had as much of an impact on music as we did."  I did some research and found out what really was said. Buddy Nielson commented in an interview:

                       "A band like All Time Low should have no business being associated with a band like Senses Fail, but they are. There's no similarity whatsoever in everything that we do. The Maine might as well be Matchbox 20. All Time Low might as well be Mickey Mouse Club. I like All Time Low, by the way. I do actually like them. I just like making fun of them. They did it to themselves. They could have been a fucking real band, but they decided to play the game, which is good, but the game never works." (punknews.org)

   So after reading that, I found out that John Keefe from Boys Like Girls, actually said what was thought to be said by Alex Gaskarth: "...Senses Fail has not had an impact on music... shut up."
Buddy retaliated by replying : "I'll shut up when you guys start writing your own songs." 
  This was basically the end to this discussion.

I find it a little strange that I couldn't find any info on what All Time Low had to say about this whole situation. In fact, I think it's smart of them to just not comment at all. If you think about it, John Keefe had no business butting in like he did, since it just caused more problems. In Buddy Nielson's quote he said "I do actually like them (ATL). I just like making fun of them." In his video taped interview, he also commented that he also liked them as people and he enjoyed their music, so I don't see the reason as to why John Keefe would make that comment and further this whole situation.  I personally have Senses Fail and All Time Low in my top 10 favorite bands, so this really hit home to me. John Keefe, you should be the one to shut up. This has nothing to do with you.


http://www.punknews.org/article/40424   

No comments:

Post a Comment