Thursday, May 26, 2011

Arctic Monkeys Concert

On Tuesday May 24, 2011 saw the ARCTIC MONKEYS in concert at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park.  Freaking amazing. The crowd was crazy, and a couple mosh pits were organized. I didn't expect that people would seriously mosh to indie, but hey, anything is possible. When I moshed for the first time, my friend Emmy and I were tag teaming, defending ourselves from the sweaty teenage boys flying at us. It was actually pretty fun! The ironic thing is that I got hurt by a crowd surfer’s foot, but not the mosh pit… Anywho, they played alot of new stuff, but some old ones. Some of the stuff they played that was off of their upcoming album was "She's Thunderstorms," and "Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair."  One of my old favorites, "Mardy Bum" wasn't played, even though I chanted it along with the crowd. But once they played “Cornerstone,” I was pretty content with life. Very good night indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment